Best Power Tool I've ever owned !!



I've been working as a carpenter for about ten years now and I've definitely got to try a lot of power tools of any make !! 


I can honestly say that there is no real leader in the power tools world among the big players like Makita, Dewalt, Milwaukee and Bosch !! The only thing that I would say differentiate one another is what they do best !! 


You really have to know what you are looking for when you go to buy power tools, otherwise you are gonna get confused !! For my part I knew, when I bought my reciprocating saw 3 years ago, that the brand name for that type of power tool was Milwaukee !! With their famous Sawzall they had been on top for many years !! I was starting to have some doubts about Milwaukee quality they had been bought by a Chinese company called One World Technologies , their precious reciprocating saw was now made in China and I also witnessed the indestructible Sawzall falling on duty into the hands of some of my coworkers !! 


That's when I decided to purchase that Beast, the Makita AVT, I never looked back since !! 
It came with a Metal case (who wouldn't trust a metal case right !! ?? )  It also comes packed with pounds so you can work theses biceps without pushing some weights ; P !! It practically cut by itself, I mean I've even cut a 25 year old tree that was on a property line when we where building a fence and the homeowners told me to get rid it !! Sometimes with lighter tools you've got to wonder what they've left out in the design process !! (plastic gears and fan, cheap switch, crappy motor, ...) That is why I would tell anybody to think twice about buying super light tools that are supposed to be for heavy duty purpose, because it probably won't last a very long time !! 


I loved the fact that they've incorporated 3 levels of orbital action, a heavy duty 6 speed dial, a slip protection clutch, blade quick change, anti-vibration system, adjustable foot, and replaceable brushes !! Another bad luck proved me how good this Saw was, when twice the case sat in truck bed liner over the week end and got totally filled with water!!  After spraying the rusted parts and contacts my saw fired up just like nothing happened !! 


I hope that it would help guide you in your future reciprocating saw purchase and remember if it's compact and light it's definitely not tough !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog